BASED ON MANUSCRIPT
with additional entries inside square brackets [ ] derived by site author from other sources.
The Visitations of Cornwall comprising The Heralds visitations of 1530, 1573 & 1620 cited with additions by Lieutenant Colonel J.L. Vivian
Part xx. Price 5/- Exeter: W. Pollard & Co. North Street
[then pages of tree the substance of which is included below]
[LYNE OF RINGWOOD 1400's & 1500's]
[Researcher Richard Lyne, internet postings rootsweb, has pointed out the lack of proof that John Lyne m at Liskeard 1658, see below, descended from these Lyne of Ringwood. He states that William Lyne was b c1500, son of William Lyne b c1470 and Christina nee Alye; and that they had two sons called John. The younger John (would be the link the manuscript claims) d 1595, m Agnes Phettiplace d 1602. Richard Lyne founded Ringwood Grammar School 1577 rinewedians d 1587. Henry Lyne d after 1586.]
William Lyne & Alice Warren
William Lyne of Ringwood co. Southampton m Alice dau of... Warren. Children: Richard Lyne of Chichester m Anne daughter of Sir John Guildford, Henry Lyne (son was Thomas Lyne) and John Lyne.
CHILDREN of John Lyne d 1595 & [Agnes Phettiplace]
John Lyne, Richard Lyne, Stephen Lyne, Rodger Lyne, William Lyne and Tamessir Lyne [manuscript has a broken line below Richard leading to John Lyne who married at Liskeard 1658. By account of Richard Wadham Lyne 1923-2001, Richard to John is presumed relationship.]
[Richard Lyne d 1599 m 1585 Eleanor Venables > Richard Lyne 1587-1653. Possible link to Venables Lyne m Canterbury 1652.
Rodger (or Roger) Lyne d 1594 Flanders, m Westminster 1582 Ann (or Anne) Heigham 1569-1601 canonised 1970 by Roman Catholic Church as St Anne Lyne (or Line) of the forty martyrs of England > John Lyne.
Sources compilation of researcher Richard Lyne rootsweb & at newadvent.org, also savior.org]
[LYNE OF LISKEARD]
CHILDREN of [unknown] Lyne & unknown
John Lyne [b 1631?] married 16 Sept 1658 at Liskeard Joan Moore dau of John Moore of Liskeard & grand-daughter of Sir Nicholas Wadham father of John Wadham whose son Nicholas founded Wadham College. Oxford. [cannot be correct: Sir Nicholas d 1541; John d 1577; Nicholas of Wadham College lived 1532-1609. The account of Charles R.W. Lyne, Lyne Family History, whose family branch to this day often carries Wadham name, is that John Moore m Mary Wadham. Was Mary grand-daughter of Nicholas 1532-1609? John Moore might have been gg grandson of Sir Nicholas d 1541 via dau Elizabeth.]
CHILDREN of John Lyne b c1631 & Joan nee Moore
1. John Lyne b 1662 at Liskeard [d 1734 Liskeard] m Christian [Hambly, Hambley or Hamley 1665-aft 1737] dau of [Thomas] Hambly [b 1641] of Poole in Menheniot [and Mary b 1641; Thomas child of William Hambly c1615-1637 Menheniot and Catherine Burden m Menheniot 1637: source A Wolf db].
2. Richard Lyne b 1663 at Liskeard Rector of Pangbourne Co Berks. [m Eleanor: source A Wolf db. According to IGI, Richard Lyne and Ruth of Pangbourne > John Lyne 1691, Richard Lyne 1692, William Lyne 1693, Elizabeth Lyne 1695, John Lyne 1696, Philip Lyne 1701.]
3. Phillip Lyne of Liskeard, town clerk of the borough of St Teath
1704 John Lyne son of Phillip town clerk of the borough of St Teath 1763 [m 1736 Eleanor Jarrett].
Phillip Lyne son of John. D.D. of Oriel College Oxford vicar of Mevagissey m 1764 Mary dau of Admiral Hall RN > John Lyne b 1765 an officer in the army d 1793 at Exeter, Phillip Lyne of Suffenton Manor [in St Teath] [and] Torfrey b 1768 Captain RN was at the battle of the Nile d  at Torfrey m 1800 Ann [1773-1821] da of Oliver Slyman of Pervaine in St Sampson's d at Torfrey, George Lyne b 1770 d same year at Liskeard, Thomas Jones Lyne RN b 1771 d 1799 at Bermuda, Jernima b 1772 mar 1791 to William Waldon Martyn of Stratton High Sheriff of Somerset, Harriet Lyne b 1774 mar to Thomas Graham of Penquite High Sheriff of Cornwall, Charles Lyne b 1776 clerk in Holy Orders of Wadham College Oxford d 1817 m 1805 Harriet, Edward Lyne b 1778 d 1780.
Charles Lyne 1776-1817 and Harriet > Harriet Lyne b 1808 m Digby Latimer of Headington Oxford Bar at Law, Emma Jarrett Lyne b 1816 m 1850 Sturwer Latimer of Headington Oxford. Trinity College at Cambridge, Phillip Edward Lyne b 1811 d 1846 S.P. m Elizabeth Trafford da of William Mam- [?] of Lancashire.
[George Lyne, another son of John Lyne of St Teath, b 1741 m 1765 Sarah Furnival, grandson Henry Parsons Lyne 1838-1917 (son of Jarret Lyne) settled Ontario, Canada where descendants: see with more A Wolf db.]
CHILDREN of John Lyne 1662-1734 & Christian nee Hambly
1. Richard Lyne [1691-1744, attorney] of Liskeard m  Jane Stephens [b 1694] dau of Lewis Stephens, vicar of Menheniot descended from the family of Stephens of Burderopp Co Wilts. Buried at Saltash opposite the pulpit. [Lewis Stephens 1653-1724, of Exeter College Oxford, vicar Menheniot 40 years, botanist, son of Lewis Stephens of Braunton from 1660 surveyor to dean and chapter Exeter Cathedral m Rachel Naylor d 1713, dau of Oliver Naylor c1628-1705 prebendary of Exeter and rector of Tavistock: source J Roberts book & to site author.]
[AND Sarah Lyne 1692-1737, Jane Lyne-1694-1731 m 1724 William Quiller, Christian Lyne, AND according to will of Sarah a cousin Christian Coad, seemingly having been a different Christian nee Lyne m 1723 John Coad, child of a John Lyne m Catherine Hambly, giving kinship to Sarah on her mother's side and also probably though less closely on her father's).]
CHILDREN of Richard Lyne 1691-1744 & Jane nee Stephenscaerleon.net (> Cecil Lewis Lyne 1887-1979)]
1. John Lyne 1723-91 b at Liskeard. Of University College. Oxford. Rector of St. Ive. Large stone memorial in chancel [memorial *pic & *pic courtesy of Lynda Small. Oxford student 1741-44, curate/chaplain Saltash 1746-54, St. Ive 1754-91, master Liskeard Grammar School 1764-85, source J Roberts book & to site author].
m1 Amy daughter of John Tucker of Crediton Devon, widow of Nathaniel Swetman mar 1748 at Saltash CHILD John Lyne 1756-1818, rector of Latton Wilts d at Dolton m Martha Keybreak. CHILDREN of John Lyne 1756-1818 and Martha were Lewis Stephens Lyne, Accountant General of Inland Revenue, d 1858 m  Catherine Jackson; Mary Ann Lyne m1 William Ware m2 William Stone; Charles Lyne b at Stratton 1790 d 1861 in London m Martha da of Wm Molloy at Ipswich [> Charles Lyne 1820-1901 of Newport Wales, naval officer, time in Malta, m Matilda Smyth > incl Charles Robert Virgil Lyne 1848-1917 b Malta solicitor m 1881 Janet Davies (> Charles Lyne 1891, Lewis Owen Lyne 1899-1970 army officer), Herbert Lyne 1853-1903 m Jane O'Brien in India, d Wellington, New Zealand (> incl Robert Francis Lyne 1885-1957 of Bristol), John Arthur Lyne 1855 land agent, Horace Sampson Lyne 1860 solicitor Newport, William Owen Lyne 1862, Ernest Lewis Lyne 1866
John Lyne 1723-1791
m2 Jane Mitchell [or Mitchel or Michell, c1727-94, m 1760] dau of William Mitchell [and Jane] of Liskeard.
[2. Rachel Lyne b 1726 m cousin Benjamin Tucker 1759 St Ive]
CHILDREN of John Lyne 1723-1791 & Jane nee Mitchell
1. Richard Lyne 1760-1834 [*pic from Charles R.W. Lyne]. Of Exeter College. Oxford. Rector of Little Petherick Cornwall [succeeded father as master Liskeard Grammar School, later private teacher, Greek and Latin scholar: J Roberts book] m  Mary Arundell James dau of John James [d 1814] of Rosemundy St Agnes [Mary b 1767] d 1813 [and Mary Arundell m 1761 at Stoke Damerel, Devon].
2. Charles Lyne (Stephens) 1764-1851 of Chicksands Priory Bedfordshire. Assumed the name of Stephens by Royal Decree 1826 & letters patent 1828 under the will of his cousin John James Stephens of Lisbon [Lisboa] d 1851 at Roehampton; m  Wilhelmina Augusta da of [William] Tonkin of Lisbon & Cornwall d in Portman Sq bur 1820 at Sth Marylebone.
[Jenifer Roberts Glass: The Strange History of the Lyne Stephens Fortune (2003) is a brilliantly told history on this part of the Lyne family c1750-1908; mention by Charles RW Lyne. It explains that Jane nee Stephens, grandmother of Charles Lyne 1764-1851, had link with Portugal going back at least to her brother John Stephens 1690-1767, merchant in Lisbon. Charles Lyne went there 1778 to work for merchant Lewis Stephens 1744-95, son of another of his grandmother's brothers, and remained until 1803. In 1826, John James Stephens, a brother of Lewis Stephens, died leaving a fortune to Charles from a profitable glass factory in Portugal earlier built up by another brother, William Stephens 1731-1803. Charles changed his family name to Lyne Stephens. On his death 1851, his fortune passed to son Stephens Lyne Stephens who died 1860, his fortune passing as to income to widow Yolande, after her death residue to be for such issue of his four uncles as living at his decease share and share alike. Yolande Lyne Stephens funded solely construction of Church of Our Lady and the English Martyrs, Cambridge, completed 1890. She died 1894; by 1908 distribution of residue amongst 93 beneficiaries was finalised by Chancery. See further especially on Yolande, Jenifer Roberts The Beauty of her Age: A Tale of Sex, Scandal and Money in Victorian England (2016)].
3. Joseph Lyne b 1766 at Castle Hill d 1823 at Liskeard m 1796 Charlotta Anglia da of Francis Arboin, Minister Plenip and envoy extraordinary at Portugal 1796 d 1810 at Plymouth; m 1815 Elizabeth Baretta of Lisbon Portugal d 1820 in London.
[Joseph Lyne went to Portugal 1782 to work for Lewis Stephens and returned to England with family 1807. Children included
John James Lyne 1797-1851
Francis Lyne 1800-88 m 1835 Louisa Genevieve Leycester > Francis Palmer Lyne 1836-87; Joseph Leycester Lyne "Father Ignatius" 1837-1908, evangelist monk, founded an Anglican Benedictine order, essay D. Morse-Boycott: justus.anglican.org, *pic, *pic caricature.
Richard Benjamin Lyne 1803-99 settled in Brazil
Lewis Jedidiah Lyne 1806 became mine clerk at Burra in copper region of South Australia, d 1861 at Koolinga, Burra.
compiled from A Wolf db, J Roberts book, lynerparishes etc]
AND other children [including Edward Lyne 1767-1833 merchant of Plymouth m 1794 Sarah Millett > John Millett Lyne 1795-1873, Jane Lyne 1768, Mary Lyne 1772, William Lyne 1774-1852 merchant of Liverpool Lancs m 1800 Mary Newman > Charles Newman Lyne 1805 Liverpool d 1851 Mt Piper near Melbourne Australia - found dead in the Mallee scrub - seemingly small-scale sheep farmer, Joseph Lyne 1810-1900 shipowner Liverpool m 1840 Annabella Nicholson Hort 1810-42 (> Annabella Hort Lyne 1841-1927, Mary Georgina Hort Lyne 1843-88, Josephine Starbuck Hort Lyne 1845-1927, Joseph William Hort Lyne 1849-1932), Sarah Lyne 1775 m William Kempe, Elizabeth Lyne 1778, Philadelphia Lyne 1779, Lewis Lyne 1780-1847 of Liskeard. compiled from A Wolf db, J Roberts book and to site author.]
CHILDREN of Richard Lyne 1760-1834 & Mary Arundell nee James
1. Christian Mary Lyne 1789[-1868] m 1815 at Liskeard to Peter Goodman Glubb [1788-1868 attorney at law, Cornwall, partner of her brother Benjamin].
2. Virgil Stephens Lyne b 1791 [seems settled Cheshire, d 1871] m  Christian da of William Lyne [uncle of Liverpool].
3. Mary James Lyne 1792[-1876] m 1821 to Rev John M Glubb [1791-1871] of St Petrox Dartmouth.
4. Mary Ecclesia Lyne 1795[-1888] m  the Reverend Nicholas Ford Chudleigh. Rector of St Columb Minor [> Edward Reginald Chudleigh 1842-1922 settled New Zealand 1862].
5. Lewis Stephens Lyne [1797-1868] m [London 1823] Susan Dixon da of Thomas Dixon of Billericay Essex, d at Chelsea.
[Lyne via Portland, Victoria, Australia
Frederick Lewis Lyne 1827-98 from London, solicitor, settled at Portland, son of Lewis Stephens Lyne and Susan Dixon, m London 1864 Eliza Hutton, m2 Portland 1875 Anne Trangmar 1853-1932 b Coleraine Vic > Frederick James Trangmar Lyne 1880-1928 solicitor Tallangatta Victoria, see Malcolm Ronan Old Tallangatta (1995) m Elizabeth McDonald (> Ann Dorothy Lyne 1919 m 1942 Clive Carlile), Lewis Stephens Lyne 1881-99, Charles Stephens Lyne 1882-1914, Florence Stephens Lyne 1883-1968, Henry Stephens Lyne 1885-1956 Military Cross 1918, engineer, res by 1956 Lakes Entrance m 1929 Freda Beryl Doman 1907-87 (> Henry Stephens Lyne 1931-58), Francis Stephens Lyne 1888.]
6. Benjamin Hart Lyne b 1800 of Wadham House Liskeard [solicitor, d 1844] m Elizabeth Hingstone Rawle da of William Rawle of Liskeard [> incl Richard Stephens Lyne 1834-99 m 1868 Mary Elizabeth Nicholas (> Richard Arundel Lyne 1870-1955); Charles Lyne 1841-1922 m 1868 Caroline Harrisson (> Charles Wadham Lyne 1875-1960 > Richard Wadham Lyne 1923-2001 > Charles R.W. Lyne who has family history page; Henry Everson Lyne 1880-1965)].
7. Charles Lyne 1802-73 [d Newton Abbot 21 May 1873, *pic from Charles R.W. Lyne, of St John's Coll Cambridge, by 1829 of West Meon, Hampshire.] Rector of Roche [1834-40] & Tywardreath [1840-6, 1851-62]. Prebendary of Exeter , JP of Cornwall. bur at Chudleigh Devon. [Responsible for erection National School, Tywardreath: justus.anglican.]
Charles m [St Maurice, Winchester 1829] Harriet Nunez [1793-1848] dau of Aaron Fernandez Nunez [1769-1829 *pic m 1786 Rachel Henriques de Castro 1770-1843 *pic d Southampton] of Old Alresford [and] Portugal. Was a refugee via Brussels from the Napoleonic Wars. Was present at the famous Brussels ball the night before Waterloo. Said to be buried in... of Winchester Cathedral. Harriet d 2 May 1848 bur at Chudleigh, Devon [where memorial Charles and Harriet].
[Aaron Fernandez Nunez, by 1827, was of Belmont in the county of Southampton, heretofore of Amsterdam. He was child of Joseph Fernandes Nunes 1721-88 (will as Nunez proved in England) m 1751 Ribca Belmonte 1732-93 (will proved in England), both of Portuguese Jewish community of Amsterdam where Joseph bequeathed a house for use of poor Portuguese Jewish women, plaque to him now again displayed amsterdamsegevelstenen. Joseph was child of Aron Fernandes Nunes b 1686 Trancoso, Portugal m Amsterdam 1718 Rachel Salvador b 1697. Rachel Henriques de Castro was born Amsterdam of Portuguese Jewish family, child of Moses Henriques de Castro 1741-97 *pic as Mozes from Jewish Hist Mus Amsterdam m 1769 Ester de Pinto 1733-87; Moses was child of David Henriques de Castro d 1779 (will proved in England) from Bayonne, France, to Amsterdam c1739, established trade business D.H. de Castro and Sons continued for generations, m 1739 Sarah Henriques Ferreira b 1722.
Other children of Aaron and Rachel were Esther Nunez d 1859, m 1822 William Henry Heysham 1787-1852, Rebecca Nunez d 1859, m 1822 Roger Robert Tichborne 1792-1849, Louisa Nunez m George Colin Oliver, Emma Nunez m Andrew Crawford.]
[AND, per A Wolf db etc, Joseph Lyne 1804-51 of Liskeard, Philadelphia Mary Lyne 1807 (d 1808 St Ive), Jane Lyne, Edward Lyne 1810-50 m 1836 Elizabeth Loney Lawrence.]
CHILDREN of Charles Lyne 1802-73 & Harriet nee Nunez
[1. Charles Joseph Nunez Lyne 1832 Little Petherick d at 1 day: nat bur index]
2. Charles Richard Nunez Lyne [1834-1904] of Exeter College Oxford, Rector of St Johns Oxford [letters to The Times 3, 8, 11 April 1878 on whether family and other links to "Father Ignatius" Lyne see above, Rev C.R.N. Lyne denied link in doctrinal matters; 1881 Clergyman Without Cure Of Souls, Cheltenham Gloucester; naval chaplain. m Cheltenham 1859 Hellen (Helen) Emma Sinclair 1834-1915 > Helen Harriet Stephens Lyne 1860-1935, De Castro Elizabeth Lyne 1864-1951 in 1881 at Ladies Private School Walcot in Somerset m Bath 1892 Edmund Ironside Ward, Charles Virgil Nunez Lyne 1867-1949, Marion Arundel Hackman Lyne 1869-1954 m 1899, Richard Fernandez Lyne 1872-1956 m 1906 May Allen > Richard Oliver Nunez Lyne 1908 schoolmaster Latin > R.O.A.M. (Oliver) Lyne 1944-2005 classics professor Telegraph. Compiled by site author from Census, FreeBMD, etc.]
3. De Castro Fisher Lyne 1835-1917 ["Cassie", *pic 1914 from Sharon Lyne]. of Steartfield Paignton Devon, Barrister at Law Middle Temple. Of Trinity College Cambridge. JP for Co of Devon [from 1866]. Born at Roche June 27 1835. [to bar 1859, barrister on western circuit, by 1871 magistrate, 1881 in firm of stockbrokers Exeter: source J Roberts to site author.] Married 1857 Penelope Wheler Cotton d Paris 1900 [b 1834, m 1857 at Shemanbury Sussex, divorce 1874, more on Penelope Wheler Cotton and ancestry below. 1861 family at Cathedral yard, Exeter; 1871 Heartfield House, Paignton; 1881 De Castro with the children, Tona West Cliff; 1891 and 1901, De Castro, barrister, 67 Upper Tollington pk, Hornsey.] D in London Ap 21 1917. bur Abney Park Cem.
[4. Arundel James Lyne 1840-2]
CHILDREN of De Castro Fisher Lyne 1835-1917 & Penelope Wheler nee Cotton
1. Harriet Agnes Penelope Lyne 1860 d France 1907, m India [Mussoorie] 1884 Neville Alexander Gibbs o of Gen [John] Innis Gibbs > Ethel Florence Innis Gibbs b 1885 d 1894 at Southampton, Neville Ernest Innis Gibbs b 1886 Bombay, fought in the Great War with the Australian Imp Forces, Cyril Arundel Gibbs b 1887 in India [Calcutta. Neville and Cyril came to Australia to be with uncle Charles; Neville d 1969 Castlemaine Vic; Cyril settled at Geelong, d 1976; both had early time in Western Australia: source Neville Riddock in Tribal Pages Gibbs family and e-mails to site author].
2. Charles John De Castro Lyne 1861[-1923. in 1881 sea apprentice, arr Victoria 1882 ship Sydenham, passenger] m Melb 1883 Martha Greenhill [1864-1940, was with parents Amos and Mary on voyage which brought Charles to Vic. Resided briefly at St Kilda then Geelong region where by 1899 farmer, Moolap. c1914 farmed near Shepparton. Charles d 1923 res Curlewis, bur Eastern Cem, Geelong]. > Lilian Francis Lyne b St Kilda 1884 [-1908, m 1905 Robert Clarence Waugh 1885-1959], Robert Ernest Lyne b West Geelong 1888 kia Belgium 1917 [m 1911 Amelia Sarah Webb b 1892], Gertrude Mary Lyne 1890[-1959 m Geelong 1912 Charles Rehobath Robinson], Agnes Christian Lyne b 1896, Ellen Louisa Lyne 1898-[1977 m 1924 Allan Gifford Best], John Edward De Castro Lyne 1900[-86 carpenter, AIF ww2, m 1942 Martha Swindells 1900-84, res Geelong], Frederick [Richard] Amos Lyne 1902-[54, res Melb, AIF ww2, m 1931 Gladys Mary Ann Provis > Cyril Lionel Lyne 1919.]
3. Edith Alexandra Lyne 1863-68.
4. Robert Nunez Lyne b Paignton 1864[-1961*pic c1900,*pic from Sharon Lyne 1914 Ceylon rubber ex London. Arr New Zealand 1882]. of Canterbury College [Christchurch, Bloxham and Canterbury Agricultural College.] university of New Zealand F.L.S., F.R.G.S., Z.G.S. [Scientific agriculturist; 1896 Dir of Agriculture, Zanzibar; 1902 reported on the agricultural prospects of the Uganda Railway; subsequently lent to Portuguese Govt to reorganize dept of agriculture, Mozambique, 1910 Dir of Agriculture there;1912 Dir of Agriculture, Ceylon and 1915 first principal School of Tropical Agriculture, Ceylon, edited Tropical Agriculturalist from 1912 to 1916; wrote Zanzibar in Contemporary Times 1905 re-printed 1969, 2001; Mozambique: Its Agricultural Development 1913 dedicated "to my cousin Edward Reginald Chudleigh, of Cornwall England; a pioneer of New Zealand; with affectionate memories", The Church of St Peter-in- the-East, Oxford, An Apostle of Empire 1936 and other works. Robert like ER Chudleigh had time at Chatham Islands, NZ. Later life in England, by 1938 at Bath, d 21 June 1961, obit The Times (London), bio D Wisumperuma The Nation (Colombo) 27 May 2012]. m [London 1919] Hilda Bailey [1887-1935] > [stepson] Lionel Francis Herbert 1906-77 from m Hilda and Lionel Derrick Haddow Herbert, John Robert Cotton Lyne b 1920[-38 d. domestic gas accident,*pic from memorial booklet by RNL].
5. Edward Arundel Lyne 1865[-1931 b Paignton, m Melbourne 1885 Frances Catherine Hill [1862-1910. Edward arr Vic 1882, leased Builders Arms Hotel, Fitzroy 1890, settled WA 1896, bookmaker, had billiard saloon 449a Hay st, Perth 1899, commission agent 1913, dealer Carnarvon 1925. Frances d Perth 1910, Edward d Perth 1931. > Catherine Georgina Agnes Lyne b Melbourne 1887-1969 m Perth 1905 William Hollis Hills 1880-1941 (> 7 children) *pic and help from grand-daughter Jennifer O'Donough, Wellington NZ, Penelope Ilene Ivy Lyne 1891-1975 m Perth 1914 Alfred Bonner 1890-1968 (> 2 children) res Perth *pic and help from Georgia Thompson. Edward Arundel Lyne m2 Perth 1916 Catherine Chapman 1862-1944.]
6. Ernest Wilberforce Lyne b Paignton 1866[-1948*pic c1917,*pic,*pic from Sharon Lyne. AIF 1939-40 until true age found,*pic his caption "The oldest man serving 1940",*pic family group c1943. arr Victoria 1889 from Colombo, ship Lusitania] m Melb 1896 [Mary Elizabeth Garrett] Torrance [manuscript has "Marie" as often known; more on Mary (Marie) Torrance (Lyne) and ancestry below.] Served with AIF in Egypt & Palestine during the Great War [1st Remount Unit sergeant major. Earlier 5 years Imp military service; to WA c1893 where sold his goldmine at Coolgardie 1896; motor car trade traveller, manager, garage proprietor working and residing in vicinity of St Kilda junction. d Melb 1948, bur Brighton Cem].
7. Lillian Emily Lyne b Paignton 1869[-1950, *pic *pic both c1945? England] m 1894 in London to Frederick William Pasco [1863-1945 usually Pascoe] of Lismore St Leonard's Sussex > Frederick Lyne Pascoe 1895[-1970].
CHILDREN of Ernest Wilberforce Lyne 1866-1948 & Mary nee Torrance
1. Janet Gladys De Castro Lyne 1897[-1982. of Melbourne. maternal grandmother of site author, *pic c1915, *pic c1920, *pic 1947, *pic 1978, m 1920 Richard Henry Holmes Tyas 1894-1974].
2. Hamilton De Castro Lyne 1898[-1964]. Served in the AIF during the Great War. [*pic c1918, motor mechanic and supervisor, settled Bendigo, m 1927 Doris Walton Robinson 1901-83 > Doris (Judith) Lesley Lyne 1932-86 m Alan Ernest Wright].
3. Ernest Nunez Lyne b Melbourne 1900[-82 later res Geelong, North Balwyn and, after AIF 1941-5, manager in rubber and tyre industry 25 yrs then from 1948 Healesville motor garage proprietor, Healesville shire councillor]. m 1923 Katherine Dawson 1900-62 dau of Wm Dawson, Gippsland Aust.[*pic *pic c1960 from Sharon Lyne, and *pic 1952 > Alan Ernest Lyne 1927-2015, Ronald Noel Lyne b Geelong 1929; m2 Mabel Reid d 2005].
FAMILIES of Alan Lyne and Ronald Lyne
from Sharon Lyne 2002
Alan Ernest Lyne m Josephine Barnett > Michael Lyne b 1960 m Tracey Kaal > Joseph Michael Lyne 1989, Violet Jane Lyne 1991; Sharon Lyne 1962 > Rachael Josephine Lyne 1994
Ronald Noel Lyne m Janet Pilmer > Phillip Lyne b 1957 m1 Leslie Shannon > Craig Andrew Nunez Lyne 1980, James Phillip Lyne 1982, Mathew Paul Lyne 1986, m2 Susan; Felicity Lyne 1958-97 m Rodney Duff > Zoe Duff 1985, Cody Duff 1988; Helen Lyne 1961 m Steven Collins > Grace Collins 1990, Lucy Collins 1992